Jan 29, 2014

Plant Adaptable to light source choice



Continue from my last post .Light Choice.. here i will touch on how plants adapt to different type light intensity and how well their growth 

THE ADAPTABLES
Eg- Hairgrasses, Staurogyne repensHemianthus callitrichoides sp Cuba [HC] that can do well in LIL up to HIL.




Hemianthus Callitrichoides (HC)-LIL 2ft tank 8 hours. I grew this in 4 weeks and ripped out the plant like a carpet and give out to fellow scapers. I received lots of request on A to Z how I plant, fertilizer dose, and such. I will get to that part in later post okay? It will be put under rescaping my tank. For the time being, you may drop by my flickr page to view more plant growth photo lapse from link posted above. Feel free to leave comment and question. TQ  



Staurogyne repens-MHIL 3ft tank 8 hours.
They are usually grown as carpet plants deep at at the bottom of the tank so these plants would not yellow at HIL settings because the deeper you go, the less intensity the lighting.


No comments: