Jan 30, 2014

THE PIONEER PROPER SCAPE

The 2 footers


The Beginning
It all started when I was looking for a cat to be pets. Having traveled throughout the Penang island but was unable to find a desirable cat, I immediately changed the decision to revive the hobby of my late father, keeping Arowana fish. But at present, to have a good Arowana we need to spend quite a lot of money. I decided to choose a pair of Angel Fish as starter, five Cardinal Tetra and a pair of idontknowtherealname Guppy . Coupled with some kind of live aquatic plants as decorations. Went back to my hometown in Kedah to collect some gravel from my childhood historic waterfall (where I almost lost my life) Lata Bayu/ Asam Jawa for the base of my tank.
Early 2008
Not satisfied with the result, I visited several aquarium stores and are destined to meet a very famous shop CTY. there I started to feel overwhelmed by the wide range of decorations plant and fish. Most caught my attention is a very beautiful show tank with aquatic plants as it was cut out of the forest. Like been poisoned, I decided to create a common aquarium. By taking the first steps to increase the number of trees and some driftwood. Added with some basic aqua-planting accessories CO2 diffuser, thermometer and some fertilizer.
2 days after.... =P
Ohh.. also a Rainbow Gourami..(such a beauty..)

Love the color display
From that day after... I become OBSESSED with aquascaping. Join Malaysian and UK forums, get to know the world of aquascaping and I fell deeper in the beautiful pit... More plant, rock, driftwood, light, tanks, accessories.. to list some of the learning steps.

Few month later
Lost count later

 It will costs you hundreds and thousands to get you to Takashi Amano like scape (still in my dream) but the experience and satisfaction is priceless.






No comments: